Sky3ds+ or Sky3ds plus plays Free 3DS Games on Nintendo 3ds, but how you to setup it to play free 3ds games and is the 3ds flashcard supporting All 3ds games, you will find answers in this post.
A: Setup Sky3ds+ with V140 firmware on any 3DS/2DS/NEW 3DS XL/2DSXL
- – Sky3DS+ card
- – Micro USB Cable
- – MicroSD Card (At least 8 GB)
- – Skydock
- You will need to format your microSD Card, simply insert the card to your PC. Go to ‘My Computer’ and right click on your microSD card and select ‘Format’. Select the file system as FAT32 and the allocation size as 64kb.
- Visit the Sky3DS+ website sky3dsplus.net and download the latest firmware V140. Once you download it, it will be in RAR format, extract the file using WinRAR or any other RAR extraction software. You will find a file called firmware.bin. Copy this file and place it into the root of your microSD card. Eject your microSD card to continue.
- Insert your microSD card to your Sky3DS+ cartridge. Insert the micro USB cable to the Sky3DS+ and the other end to your PC/Laptop. Now the LED light will flash red and will then be blinking green. This should continue for around 10 to 15 seconds. Eject the Sky3DS once the LED is no longer on. You should wait a minute before ejecting, just to be on the safe side. You could damage your card if you eject while the LED light is on.
- Your Sky3DS+ is now updated to the latest version V140.
- Go to Rom2station.com to download Nintendo 3ds games, after downloading completed, unzip the RAR game file, transfer .3DS games to the root of your microSD card, the filenames should end in .3DS. Remember that the game must be the same region as your console. Once you have transferred the games onto your microSD card, insert the Sky3DS+ to your console.
- Your games will now appear on your 2DSXL/NEW 3DS XL/3DS/2DS consoles, use the orange button to change titles.
B: Use Sky3ds+ card and the Skydock to play 3ds games online
1. Download the one 3ds game from online site. Add this game to your Micro SD card.
2. Insert your Sky3DS+ card with the firmware update V140 and your original game card to your SkyDock, there are two SkyDock slots.
3. Connect your Sky3DS+ with a USB cable to your computer, your Sky3DS+ flashcartwill be flashed, then there is a new file created on your Micro SD card, it is SAVEKEYS.TEXT which is used to dump the private header.
4. Press the orange button on a Sky3DS+, the red LED will blink once. You will find two new files in your Micro SD.
- The .CFG file: there is ROM header information, and flash ID of the original game card.
- The .SAV file: for backup of the original 3DS game.
5. Keep pressing the orange button on the Sky3DS+ until the red LED starts blinking. And it will continue to flash for several minutes, then it changes to green light. Once the light goes out, a .3ds file will be created in the MicroSD card. The .3ds file is the 3ds ROM of the original game card.
Alert: The flash time depends on the game size. The bigger the game, the longer the time, please wait with patience. Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keeps flashing, or 3ds ROM will not load successfully on your 3DS.
Note: The created.cfg file only supports online play for one 3ds Rom from the original 3DS game card. If you want to play other online games, please open the savekeys.txt file and copy the line “GAMESAVE_KEY” to the settings.txt file.
Now you get private header file(savekeys.txt file), 3DS rom file(.3ds rom) and original game saved data(.cfg file), you can use private header to play online games with sky3ds+ card. With one private header, sky3ds+ support unlimited 3ds games online. 3DS ROM and original game saved data works on sky3ds+ card directly.
Sky3ds+ question: Can it play ALL 3DS Games?
No, though sky3ds+ card is able to play every 3ds retail card game, including the latest WarioWare Gold, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Style Savvy: Styling StarKirby, Battle Royale and Detective Pikachu. It can’t play All 3ds games. Why? Because it doesn’t support eshop 3ds titles and it can’t play out-of region 3ds games for you. So, is the sky3ds+ card worthy to buy or not? The answer is still Yes. Because one sky3ds plus card at around 80 dollars will let you play Hunderds of 3ds games on your device, however, if you just buy the 3ds retail game cartridge, for paying 80 to 100 dollars, you can only play less than 10 3ds games.
So, we still recommend you buy the sky3ds+ card from Mod3dscard.com or any other USA reseller to play over 100 free 3ds games on your console!